Re: Worth investing in Guile?

From: Julian Graham
Subject: Re: Worth investing in Guile?
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 08:45:58 -0400

Indeed, troll.  Nonetheless, I'll bite.  None of what your "colleague"
says on this topic should matter to you -- especially since it's
couched in opinion, not fact -- when it comes to making a decision
about whether or not your application should be extensible via Guile.
Since I take it you're not developing an application to be included in
the "GNU System," here are the (only) two questions you need to ask
yourself:

1. Does it make sense to add extensibility support to my application?
2. If so, does it make sense to use LISP as the extensibility language
for my application?

If the answer to these two questions is "yes," then Guile's a pretty
good choice.  Don't worry about RMS; he can take care of himself.