Re: Newbie - desigining apps

From: Anthony Kozar
Subject: Re: Newbie - desigining apps
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 14:43:27 -0400

IHDTM (I haven't done this myself), but based on knowledge of how scriptable
applications are often implemented on other platforms, I would suggest using
the Model-View-Controller pattern/paradigm.  Basically, you strive for a
clean separation between your data objects, the objects that display the
data, and the mechanisms/interface objects that allow those objects to be
manipulated.  (Just do a seach online for MVC to learn more).

This approach definitely requires designing your app from the beginning with
this separation in mind.  But the benefits of this design will I think be
useful in the future if you decide to add other controllers, views, etc.

In your case, I would guess that you will start off with two sets of
controllers for the same data -- one for your GUI and one for Guile.

Anthony Kozar
address@hidden
http://akozar.spymac.net/

On 10/7/04 9:12 PM, Max Polk<address@hidden> etched in stone: