Re: debugging

From: Linas Vepstas
Subject: Re: debugging
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 09:04:04 -0500

On Tue, Apr 13, 2004 at 09:20:08AM -0700, Brian S McQueen was heard to remark:
> I have been using guile to handle the logic of a project (also to make the
> project fun).  Anyway, I needed to do a bit of debugging yesterday, and I
> decided to finally try to figure out the guile debugging tools.  I think I
> found the right stuff, but I am puzzled by the results.  Near the top of
> my guile script I put:
>
> (debug-enable 'backtrace)
> (debug-enable 'debug)
> (debug-enable 'trace)
>
> This seemed to do nothing.  What am I missing?

I've got the same problem.  Worse, actually, as things blow up for me
then and there.  I tried to cut-n-paste the appropriate ice-9 code
into my app, but wasn't able to conclude much, other than that
there seems to be a bad interaction between debugging and modules...

--linas

--
pub  1024D/01045933 2001-02-01 Linas Vepstas (Labas!) <address@hidden>