Re: Floating Point?

From: Peter S. Christopher
Subject: Re: Floating Point?
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 09:34:58 -0500 (CDT)

As I mentioned in my last e-mail, I tried the python-approach and it does
give some nice performance enhancements. My problem with it is that it's
fairly awkward even for some relatively easy algorithms. I think (unless
anyone has any ideas;-}) it is as good as we'll get unless/until GUILE
becomes a compiled language. (In this later case, one could imagine
embedding special forms that allow fast array loops and other fancy
enhancments).

Pete