Re: PATCH: assume -s

From: Robert Uhl
Subject: Re: PATCH: assume -s
Date: 05 Sep 2003 12:22:38 -0600

address@hidden (Paul Jarc) writes:

> Making "guile foo.scm" equivalent to "guile -s foo.scm" doesn't break
> compatibility, but making "guile -- foo.scm" also equivalent would.
> I'd much rather see Guile behave consistently with its own existing
> behavior than see it change for the sake of behaving similarly to
> other programs.

Not I.  Changing to be like other progs hurts once, and then it's over.
Being weird hurts every time a user gets screwed by following his
instincts and does what works elsewhere only to be burned.

--
Robert Uhl <address@hidden>
Government does not cause affluence.  Citizens of totalitarian countries