Backspace, delete and arrow keys not working in Guile

From: Real Carbonneau
Subject: Backspace, delete and arrow keys not working in Guile
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 19:02:13 -0400

Hi,

I have installed guile 1.3.4 on RedHat 7.3 using the RPM and install from the Ximian RedCarpet.

Everything works great, except that at the guile command line, when I press keys such as backspace, delete and the arrow keys I get the following strings displayed (“^H”, “[[3~”,etc..),  instead of the desired action.

Is there anyway to resolve this?  I have searched the mailing list archive and the web without any result.

Thank you in advance,

Real