defined?

From: Egil Moeller
Subject: defined?
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 19:38:16 +0100 (CET)

The manual is quite fuzzy on this subject, so I have to ask you:

How does one test if a name i bound, either globally by a define (this can
be tested with defined?) or locally by a let/lambda or a local define?

How does one extract the value of a binding, whose symbol is in a
variable one has access to? Guile 1.6 says symbol-binding is deprecated...

Regards,
Egil

--
http://redhog.org