Re: Ditching (debug-enable 'backwards) ?

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: Ditching (debug-enable 'backwards) ?
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 11:20:15 -0800

   From: Neil Jerram <address@hidden>
   Date: 27 Oct 2002 19:00:02 +0000

   I'll take that as a `no', then.

it is a no from one user, not all users.

   Things need a reason to be there now; if and when further points
   arise in the future, we can reconsider.

the reason may not come from me or you, from a one-day strawman poll.
(i'm reminded of the douglas adams book where the notice to bulldoze the
earth was posted in a basement behind a filing cabinet somewhere. :-)

try not to get sucked into the proprietary mindset ("it's my code i can
piss on it if i want"), even as you do good work enhancing the system.
the nice hack is to build w/o destroying, because you save someone from
having to rebuild that feature later.

thi