Re: reporting 'system-error informatively

From: Paul Jarc
Subject: Re: reporting 'system-error informatively
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 02:13:30 -0400

Marius Vollmer <address@hidden> wrote:
>         (define (handle-error key args)
>           (let ((text (call-with-output-string
>                        (lambda (cep)
>                          (if the-last-stack
>                              (display-backtrace the-last-stack cep)
>                              (display "no backtrace available.\n" cep))

It seems this would still require parsing.  Is there any way to get
the arguments themselves, as plain Scheme values instead of text?
frame-arguments sounds promising; I'm just not sure how to use it.  I
tried this:
(make-stack (call-with-current-continuation identity))
But got a segfault.  Dunno if that was supposed to do anything useful;
I was just messing around.

paul