guile -s is it necessary?

From: tomas
Subject: guile -s is it necessary?
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 14:21:46 +0200

Hi,

as I'm making a fool of myself in these lists anyway, I might
well pose a question which nagged me for a while:

Is there any particular reason (besides of higher symmetry)
you have to invoke a script as ``guile -s <script name>''
instead of just ``guile <script name>''?

Note that the second form is not only convenient on the
command line but also simplifies your trustworthy hash-bang
line. As far as I know, unadorned arguments are not yet
used in guile, so this would be a backward-compatible
embellishment/enuglyment.

Opinions?

Regards

-- tomas