Re: mozilla efforts?

From: rm
Subject: Re: mozilla efforts?
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 11:43:49 +0200

On Mon, Oct 14, 2002 at 10:13:30PM +0000, Nic Ferrier wrote:
> "Dale P. Smith" <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > On 14 Oct 2002 21:15:13 +0000
> > Nic Ferrier <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > > Is there anybody out there working on plugging Guile into mozilla? It
> > > seems to me it would be a useful scripting replacement and a good
> > > XPCOM language.
> >
> > I was looking at postgres and I discovered you could add scripting
> > plugins there too.  You could have a whole three-tier archecture running
> > guile: netscape, apache and postgres. ;^)
> >
> > I don't think anyone is working on it.
>
> I am working on guile as a proc language for postgresql.

That sounds _pretty_ interessting! I had a look at the same task a while
ago but got stuck with memory management and non-local exits which seem
to happen quite often in the postgresql backend (from my little under-
standing -- mainly from looking at the embedded TCL interpreter -- i got
the impression that in case of a transaction rollback the backend uses
'(3) longjmp' to exit the transaction context and i wasn't shure how to
deal with it in presence of continuations. Is your code public?

 Ralf Mattes