Re: 1.6.0 problems with libguilereadline-v-12 and fix

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: 1.6.0 problems with libguilereadline-v-12 and fix
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 18:56:40 -0700

   From: address@hidden (Paul Jarc)
   Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 17:16:30 -0400

   I'm not.  Use of guile-config assumes that other packages should refer
   to Guile's files via Guile's installation prefix.  As I explained in
   <address@hidden>, that's not always desirable.

noted.  i think guile-config should be honest, and that any indirection
scheme your install discipline requires is your responsibility to patch.

all of this has nothing to do w/ internal vs. public libraries, however.
i see now that providing link-internal is incomplete w/o the associated
"compile-internal" which brings me back to my previous pov: *internal*
stuff should stay that way.  i'm going to remove link-internal; guess i
was swayed by the rampant fuzzy thinking...

thi