Re: macros, procedure->macro

From: Dirk Herrmann
Subject: Re: macros, procedure->macro
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 22:02:52 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 1 Jul 2002, Thien-Thi Nguyen wrote:

> btw, there is excellent write-up on this at:
>
>  http://www.glug.org/snap/workbook/compilation/evaluation.txt
>
> it explains the different "processing steps" (and "times") of the three
> macro implementation flavors and includes a plan of change.  i think my
> only remaining questions would be: what does "Incremental" mean in terms
> of released versions -- perhaps that is addressed somewhere else?

Well, for me "incremental" means, that the task has to be partitioned into
steps that can be handled in a couple of hours work, while, hopefully,
after each step there exists a somewhat "working" guile, which runs the
test-suite and such.

The question of released versions is more along the lines of project
management - and that is not my interest.  I will participate in
discussions about which improvements would make sense, and I may also
argue for applying certain changes earlier or later, but I accept if
things are rejected or postponed.

Best regards,
Dirk