Re: Issues in ia64

From: cr88192 sydney
Subject: Re: Issues in ia64
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2002 02:53:27 +0000

Dear Guile Experts:

I met some problems during running guile in ia64. When the program are compiled in debug mode, everything is okay except that when we run the scheme command
(call-with-current-continuation ...) ; but when we compile the program with
optimize flag, it will catch a crash after several gabage collectings. The
breakpoint locates in function scm_gc_mark(...) , which seemed the problem was caused by the mis-allignment during guile's stack structure. (P.S. The machine's
version is ia64-redhat-linux)

Would someone give me a hand to help me out? I searched quite a few days in codes
but without results.  :(

Thanks a lot!

this sounds more like it is probably more of a compiler issue than a guile issue, as it varies based on compilation flags. it it were a guile error it would more likely manifest as an error that occures regardless of compiler options.

I may be wrong though...

misc: I don't really use guile myself as I maintain my own scheme implementation which I find easier to work with, though it is quite a bit more basic... guile however is far better for running code in userspace, but I find its external interface annoying and dislike that it has been "labotomized" in my experience when used for its intended purpose... also that it holds external posix dependancies (what I have looked at), thus I can't use it elsewhere (in an os kernel of mine...).
other than that it is pretty good.