Re: regexp-exec fails for long strings

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: regexp-exec fails for long strings
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 21:32:01 -0700 (PDT)

       Hmmm, never really used guile's regex heavily - that's where i
       still use <blush>perl</blush>.

If you want high-power regexps, you should resurrect the Rx interface,
grabbing the latest libhackerlab.  In fact, rather than resurrecting
the old Guile Rx interface, you should grab and adapt the one from
systas (not currently in release, but I'll put up a new version soon).

I regularly use regexps that are several KB long, constructed by a
structured regexp compiler similar to the one in SCSH.  It's fast,
convenient, and very accurate.

-t