Re: Items blocking release 1.6.1 (2002-04-21)

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: Items blocking release 1.6.1 (2002-04-21)
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 16:25:21 -0500

Rob Browning <address@hidden> writes:

> In this particular case, instead of the response you posted, I'd like
> to hear what your specific complaints are wrt bound?, and to hear what
> fix you have in mind, if any.  For example, you mention using
> out-of-band communications, but can this be done in a way that doesn't
> force everyone to change their code anyway?  If not, then how is it
> any different than just removing bound?

Also FWIW the guile 1.4 info pages don't mention bound? AFAICT, and
anyone who found the mention of it in NEWS also saw:

  The optional argument module also exports the macros `let-optional',
  `let-optional*', `let-keywords', `let-keywords*' and `bound?'. These
  are not documented here because they may be removed in the future,
  but full documentation is still available in optargs.scm.

So bound?'s status was somewhat ambiguous in our last release.

--
Rob Browning
Previously @cs.utexas.edu