Re: Tool for detecting unresolved free variables

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: Tool for detecting unresolved free variables
Date: 03 Mar 2002 11:30:08 +0000

>>>>> "thi" == Thien-Thi Nguyen <address@hidden> writes:

    thi>    [posted to guile-sources]
    thi>    From: Neil Jerram <address@hidden>
    thi>    Date: 02 Mar 2002 15:34:43 +0000

    thi>    Here's a useful tool.  It scans code for unresolved free variables -
    thi>    i.e. names for which you are probably missing a `#:use-module' in
    thi>    your `define-module' form, or for which the module that is supposed
    thi>    to export them forgot to.

    thi>    [code for module `(ossau scan-dependencies)']

    thi> sweet.  this would be a nice addition to the guile-tools collection, as
    thi> a major component of a lint-type tool.  i vote that you add it to guile
    thi> (1.6, even!), and get scripts/Makefile to demo it in "make overview".

    thi> M-x crank-the-reflection!

Thanks; I'll do that.  Only snag is that scan-dependencies currently
fails to scan itself :-)

I'd like to fix this snag before releasing to 1.6.x, but I doubt I'll
have time today or for the next few days.  So I'll probably miss the
first 1.6.x release.  No big deal anyway, I think.

        Neil