1.4 build problems

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: 1.4 build problems
Date: 21 Feb 2002 15:10:13 +0000

Hullo guile folks

I have a report and a question.

First the report:

I've just tried building guile on my debian 2.2 box. It failed
because of decleration conflict in net_db.c.

I've attached the patch which fixes the build. It seems curious that
it failed. Debian says my glibc version is:

        2.2.4-5

And I've not had (header) problems building anything else.

Next my question: how is guile supposed to link in readline? I've
built guile and it seems to have created all the necessary libs. I've
got readline 4 on my system but when I run the guile program I
haven't got readline support.

Here's the list of libs that got built:

       libguile.a
       libguile.la
       libguile.so -> libguile.so.9.0.0
       libguile.so.9 -> libguile.so.9.0.0
       libguile.so.9.0.0
       libguilereadline.a
       libguilereadline.la
       libguilereadline.so -> libguilereadline.so.0.0.0
       libguilereadline.so.0 -> libguilereadline.so.0.0.0
       libguilereadline.so.0.0.0

Can anyone help?

Nic