Re: why doesn't gimp use guile?

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: why doesn't gimp use guile?
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 21:53:42 +0000

Alejandro:
> [...] Guile is not  available (installed) in most  machines so most
> software authors  don't make their software  depend on it.  As  not much
> software needs it,  its still optional and many  operating systems don't
> install it by default.

Guile seems to be installed on most GNU/Linux systems now, as some fairly
common packages depend on it.  Not as many as perl, for sure, but a large
part of the reason why I write in guile so much is that it is fairly
common.

The gtk interface is another part of it, but I'm just having a cast around
for GNUstep for various reasons.  The message-passing style is quite similar
to what I used to use in XLispStat and sometimes use in guile anyway.  Guile
is already the "official" Gnome extension language, isn't it?  Or am I
misled?  I don't use Gnome any more.
--
MJR