Re: Guile 1.5.4 beta ready for testing.

From: Keith Wright
Subject: Re: Guile 1.5.4 beta ready for testing.
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 00:45:48 -0500

> From: Chris Cramer <address@hidden>
>
> Which do you hear about more often: complaints about debugging being
> off by default, or complaints about the slowness of Guile? I'd rather
> debugging stayed off by default. Perhaps you could have an error message
> mention how to turn debugging on.

I can't believe I am reading this; it's so 1950's.  Which do you
hear more often, complaints that somebody's program doesn't work or
begging for 50% faster crashes?  I am not sure what ``debugging''
does, but how long can it take to print an error message and die?
Nobody is asking for logging every procedure call, but it ought
to be possible to remember what file you are loading and print
the name when you catch the error.

--
     -- Keith Wright  <address@hidden>

Programmer in Chief, Free Computer Shop <http://www.free-comp-shop.com>