Re: format equivalent of printf "%3.1f", "%03x"

From: Per Bothner
Subject: Re: format equivalent of printf "%3.1f", "%03x"
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 22:17:54 -0700

Steve Tell wrote:

Alternately, has anyone ever implemented a printf procedure for guile (or
failing that, any scheme, I suppose) that is a full-featured superset of
C's printf?

Kawa has a fairly complete implementation of the Common Lisp format routine.
For example: (format "~4,1f" 1.267) => " 1.3". It should be easy enough to also
support the C printf style, as also used by Emacs.

SLib does have a printf implementation, though at least under Kawa it generates the wrong output for your example. (This could be a bug in Kawa, though.) At some I'll get around to ditching the slib version in favor of one using the same code as
the Lisp-style format.