Re: Build Guile for Win32

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: Build Guile for Win32
Date: 07 Sep 2001 11:24:14 +0100

    Brian> Yeah, that's how I managed to create my DLL...  not having
    Brian> this as a part of the usual build system (especially since
    Brian> the libtool stuff should make it automagic) is rough,
    Brian> though

I think it would be good for Guile to build straightforwardly on
Win32.  However, my perception of the sporadic traffic on this subject
is that

- there are several different approaches that people are taking
  (cygnus, mingw32, lkcc, msvc), all of which have their own,
  different issues

- the people from the different approaches never reply to each others'
  emails

- no one is putting the results of this experience together in a
  sufficiently authoritative way.

Perhaps what is needed is a really good summary of the possible
approaches and current issues...

        Neil