Questions about floating numbers and call-with-current-continuation

From: Ying Luo
Subject: Questions about floating numbers and call-with-current-continuation
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2001 10:06:32 +0800

Hi,

I have some question about floating numbers in guile-1.4,
which has annoyed me for quite a few times :(

Below is listed two of  the commands I typed in and got incorrect
results:
guile> (truncate (* 2127.7 100))
212769.0
guile> (zero? (- 264 (* 2.64 100)))
#f

Is there any promotion for the floating numbers' storing and
calculating in the versions newer than 1.4? Or, what changes
I can make to avoid such problem?

And the definition for command "call-with-current-continuation"
seems confused me somehow. Can you do me a favor to explain it here?

Sorry for my bothering and thanks a lot !
//bow.

Ying Luo