Re: guile-1.5.1 and deprecated ...

From: Thomas Wawrzinek
Subject: Re: guile-1.5.1 and deprecated ...
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 16:39:13 +0200 (MEST)

Hi!

You wrote:

 > [snip]
 > really really weird!! exactly what i am doing. an quite frankly, it is what
 > we
 > want to do in 'big' applications, don't you think? i don't understand the
 > design
 > behind this, it sounds a big step backward

Sure this is what we want to do. And it's not design, it's a flaw.

I looked thru the archives and found that this topic has been discussed
before (as I remembered). See here for example:

http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/guile-user/2000-December/000482.html

I haven't looked thru the sources whether the experimental fix for this (as
mentioned by this article) has been implemented yet.

Regards,

                        Thomas