Re: Gurus? Care to re-explain the absense of gh_set_x() for me?

From: Alex Shinn
Subject: Re: Gurus? Care to re-explain the absense of gh_set_x() for me?
Date: 13 Jul 2001 15:11:35 -0400

    Klaus> Sam Tregar writes:
    >> Would any Scheme users actually program anything in Perl?  I
    >> can almost imagine Python, but Perl?

    Klaus> there are more jobs involving perl, and almost none
    Klaus> involving scheme, so most schemers are forced into
    Klaus> programming in different languages for a living.

And considering the most common alternatives (C, Java), Perl is very
close to Scheme.  Much closer than Python, which doesn't support
proper lambda expressions, and until 2.0 didn't have closures.  So
until I can convince someone to pay me to code Scheme, I will continue
to code Perl for a living :)

--
Alex Shinn <address@hidden>
http://synthcode.com/