Re: Debugging with PSD (trace)

From: Bill Schottstaedt
Subject: Re: Debugging with PSD (trace)
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 03:56:59 -0700

Speaking of the debugging stuff, I have a question about trace;
currently it seems to be dependent on repl-stack in boot-9.scm
scm-style-repl; in my application I'm running my own repl in
a text widget, so I don't use top-repl normally, but that means
that trace is not operational.  I tried wrapping (start-stack
'repl-stack ...) around the in-coming form, but that appeared
to be a no-op; I then went down to scm_start_stack, but got
nowhere there either. Any suggestions?  (I use the current
guile debugger by setting up a soft port for both input and
output -- my request there would be for something like gdb's
info locals.  The recent addition of file name/line numbers
to the stack trace was a huge improvement).