Re: In search of cool Scheme

From: Alex Schroeder
Subject: Re: In search of cool Scheme
Date: 22 May 2001 21:54:42 +0200

Sam Tregar <address@hidden> writes:

> Well, you've given me some interesting ideas.  Perhaps the whole idea of
> "tiny bit of magic code" is too Perlish to begin with.  Still, I
> definitely have to find something better than "Hello, world.".

Things I was impressed by in Common Lisp might be something to look at
in Scheme, too, since you're writing for the non-parens folk:

The book ANSI Commong Lisp by Paul Graham has an object system in 8
lines of code.

The book Paradigms of Artificial Intelligence by Peter Norvig has an
implementation of Eliza in around 80 lines of code.

Alex.
--
http://www.geocities.com/kensanata/
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death and sweet as love.