Re: SRFI-13 again [was: Re: string vs list processing]

From: Marius Vollmer
Subject: Re: SRFI-13 again [was: Re: string vs list processing]
Date: 30 Apr 2001 17:22:15 +0200

Martin Grabmueller <address@hidden> writes:

> The problem is that some of the SRFI-13 procedures use a smob type
> defined in srfi-14.c, so at least this must be initialized anyway.  so
> I thought the cleanest thing was to just put them together.

Ahh, I see.  It would still be possible to keep them separate, in a
clean way, but it's probably not worth it.  The way to do it, would be
to have a C level initialization procedure that prepares the library
for use by C code, and a Scheme level initialization procedure
(written in C as well), that would add the exported bindings to the
current module, etc.