Re: Guile Logo -- more stuff

From: Dirk Herrmann
Subject: Re: Guile Logo -- more stuff
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 23:33:00 +0200 (MEST)

On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, thi wrote:

>    From: Keith Wright <address@hidden>
>    Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 13:03:40 -0400
>
>    Also, I'm afraid a quote mark would look like something
>    stuck on his horn.
>
> how about:
>
>       <GNU>:guile
>
> where <GNU> is the GNU head graphic on top of (or interspersed somehow
> with) a `#' char?  the "powered by" logo could be an "application":
>
>       (<GNU>:guile)
>
> or maybe the `:' could be made of tiny little GNU heads, one laughing
> one crying, etc etc...

Well, I think the nice thing about the collection of logos that Martin has
designed is, that they will also look nice if you shrink them somewhat,
i. e. for some powered-by logo.  If you add smallish things like : where
every dot itself is a picture of its own, you won't be able to see such
things on a smaller scale.

IMO, a good logo is simple, but still expressive.  That's perfectly met
with the current collection.  Actually, it _might_ be worth trying to add
a beard to the gnu, just for the sake of correctness.  But, apart from
that I think there's not much room for improvements (and I am not even
sure if a beard would really look good - you could even argue that the
way the gnu holds its head, you might just not be able to see a beard
anyway :-).

What about defining a deadline for submissions?  Everybody who likes to
can make submissions, possibly (if Marting and potential other submitters
agree) using existing submissions if they only want minor things to be
changed?  After that, we have a voting phase.

(Well, I will be on vacation for the next two weeks.  But, then, I am
already happy with the current suggestions :-)

Best regards,
Dirk Herrmann