Re: ttn-pers-scheme & mgrabmue-pers-scheme

From: Keisuke Nishida
Subject: Re: ttn-pers-scheme & mgrabmue-pers-scheme
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 06:43:50 -0500

At Wed, 21 Mar 2001 08:29:20 +0100,
Martin Grabmueller wrote:

> On the other hand -- maybe we should combine efforts and move the most
> useful modules from our personal packages into a new package, maybe
> called `guile-util', and distribute this separately.  Maybe we could
> also import it into GNU CVS.

I think something like this is helpful, because it can be the first
place of looking for utilities.  Since a new module hierarchy has
been proposed recently, we could extract non-mandatory modules from
the core and reorganize them into a separate package.

> But note that the code in the packages is probably not good enough for
> production use[1] -- I do a `release early, release often' practice
> for my personal package.  It is more for making code available so that
> people can pick whatever they need and can use, improve it, feed it
> back to me etc. ...

This is important, I think.  The frequency of the core release seems
to be very slow.  Module packages can be released more frequently.

Kei