Re: very obscure problem, help needed

From: Dirk Herrmann
Subject: Re: very obscure problem, help needed
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 15:22:37 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, 2 Nov 2000, Dale P. Smith wrote:

> The response from Dirk about flushing buffers first before forking will
> probably fix your problem.

If that is true:  Shouldn't guile itself do the flushing then?  I don't
think that anyone would intentionally leave the buffers unflushed - it's
an implementation detail anyway how much output is kept in buffers, isn't
it?  In other words:  Are there any situations at all where you would want
to keep buffers unflushed?  If not, we should flush automatically and
don't leave it to the user.  Otherwise other people will at some time run
into the same problems as David.

Best regards
Dirk