Re: glade + guile?

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: glade + guile?
Date: 18 Oct 2000 19:15:04 +0100

>>>>> "thi" == thi  <address@hidden> writes:

    thi> has anyone worked on hooking up glade and guile (or
    thi> guile-gtk)?  glade home page makes no mention.

Well I haven't but I'd be very interested in seeing this.

Especially, I'm interested in being able to instantiate a complete
Glade-built program at Guile runtime, simply by reading in and
grokking the Glade project file.  That would be cool.  (Assuming here
that the "code" parts of the project file are written in Scheme.)

I noticed some glade stuff in the QScheme module in (Guile) CVS -
maybe it's just a question of porting that to Guile.

(In case anyone doesn't know, Glade is amazing: I spent an hour or so
constructing the UI for a guile-gtk program by hand, then later I
knocked up the same UI using Glade in about five minutes.)

Regards,
        Neil