guile-sources

Useful Sites # 81 about Vietnam, International Affairs, Public Videoconf

From: FITA's Really Useful Sites
Subject: Useful Sites # 81 about Vietnam, International Affairs, Public Videoconferencing and Messaging
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 11:02:42 -0500 (EST)

To view this newsletter in full-color:
http://www.fita.org/useful/useful.html

Really Useful Sites for International Trade Professionals Issue 81 Volume 4
Number 7
March 31, 2004
Issue 81
VOLUME 4 Number 7

 IN THIS ISSUE
VIETNAM -- OUR FEATURED COUNTRY SITE
VIRTUAL LIBRARY OF INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS
FREE PUBLIC VIDEOCONFERENCING SITE DIRECTORY
TELEFLIP

Hello international traders! In this issue I have a site that will help you
research trade with a rapidly expanding economy in Southeast Asia -- Vietnam.
Next, I have a portal to some of the most information-rich international
affairs sites on the Web. And, did you know there are hundreds of places
worldwide where you can set up videoconferences? I found a Web site with a
database of these locations, and you can search it for free. Finally, I found a
site where you can send text messages to cell phones with the click of a mouse.
If you'd like more information about international trade, go to FITA's
International Trade/ Import-Export Portal <http://fita.org> ( http://fita.org
), an excellent source for trade leads, news, events, and a link library of
7,000 sites related to international trade.

VIETNAM -- OUR FEATURED COUNTRY SITE
http://www.us-asean.org/vietnam.asp

In the 30 years since the last U.S. troops left Vietnam, the country has gone
through enormous changes. Its communist system has gradually given way to a
more free-market economy, and Vietnam has worked to modernize itself and
liberalize its trade policies. Proof that this is a new era is evident in one
fact: total two-way trade between the U.S. and Vietnam rose to US $1.2 billion
in the year 2000.
Vietnam has a lot of potential as a trade partner, and here's a good site to
help you get started. The US-ASEAN Business Council's Vietnam page
<http://www.us-asean.org/vietnam.asp> ( http://www.us-asean.org/vietnam.asp )
has the latest business and trade news, plus lots more. Click on "country
profile", "economic indicator", "business guide" or other categories at the top
of the page and you'll get detailed reports that will help you learn about
Vietnam's economy, government, political situation, foreign relations, travel
conditions, and more. If you click on "Important Links" you'll get links to
newspapers and wire services, government agencies, and other useful sites.
There are many more links to Vietnam at the FITA site. Go to FITA's
International Trade Web Resources <http://fita.org/webindex/index.html> at
http://fita.org/webindex/index.html, click on Regional Resources then go to
Asia and click on South Africa in the drop-down box. Or simply type "Vietnam"
in the search box at http://www.fita.org <http://fita.org/>. There are some
great books on trade with South Africa in the FITA Global Trade Bookstore
<http://fita.org/marketplace/eurobooks.php>, including Succeed in Business:
Vietnam: The Essential Guide for Business and Investment
<http://www.fita.org/marketplace/product.php?asin=1558683577>, Doing Business
in the New Vietnam: For Investors, Marketers, and Entrepreneurs
<http://www.fita.org/marketplace/product.php?asin=013325853X> and Passport
Vietnam <http://fita.org/marketplace/wtpproduct.php?$prodid=1-885073-25-9>.

VIRTUAL LIBRARY OF INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS
http://www.etown.edu/vl/

You can't trust everything you see on the Web, but if you stick to the reliable
sources, you won't go wrong. A reliable source is the WWW Virtual Library,
which is a series of Web sites compiled by librarians, professors, and other
experts on a range of topics. International traders will find a gold mine of
information at the WWW Virtual Library's International Affairs Resources
<http://www.etown.edu/vl/> site ( http://www.etown.edu/vl/ ). Just scroll down
the page and you'll find links to hundreds of sites about international
affairs. You'll see categories like: News Sources, Radio & Television
Broadcasts (some available on the Web), Organizations, Government, Country
Studies, Statistics, Environmental Issues, Public Health, Human Rights,
International Development, Law, Foreign Policy -- and that's only a small
sample of what you'll find. There's also a handy tutorial on how to do Internet
research.

THE EUROPEAN BUSINESS DIRECTORY
500,000 companies in 33 countries
http://www.europages.com <http://fita.m.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?uz327937Biz309412>
Who will see your ad today? 45,000 buyers in 180 countries? Who can beat that?
Available in 25 languages on the Net and delivered to 580,000 recipients in
Europe's top companies every year, with EUROPAGES will you will reach the
purchasing managers you are seeking for your products. EUROPAGES is the most
effective multimedia advertising solution for European markets. Buy Better,
sell more, now more than ever! WWW.EUROPAGES.COM
<http://fita.m.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?uz327937Biz309413>, the European business
directory. More Info <http://fita.m.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?uz327937Biz309414>

FREE PUBLIC VIDEOCONFERENCING SITE DIRECTORY
http://www.ftf-tokyo.com

When you need to communicate with business associates overseas, there are times
when you need more "face time" than e-mail or a telephone call will give you.
You could hop on a plane and fly over for a meeting, but that can be an
expensive and time- consuming solution. How about videconferencing? This is a
technology that allows you to meet face-to-face without the expense of
traveling. And you don't have to buy expensive equipment to use it -- you can
use one of the hundreds of public videoconferencing sites around the world.
You'll find many of these sites listed at FTF's Free Public Videoconferencing
Site Directory <http://www.ftf-tokyo.com/> ( http://www.ftf-tokyo.com/ ). All
you do is click on "Search the Directory" in the right column, then follow the
directions, and you'll be able to search for sites in any city or country
worldwide. The search results will give you the technical information about
each site, plus contact information.

TELEFLIP
http://www.teleflip.com/teleflip/index.jsp

I'm not the most tech-savvy guy, but I know when something is cool. Teleflip
<http://www.teleflip.com/teleflip/index.jsp> (
http://www.teleflip.com/teleflip/index.jsp ) is a Web site that lets you send
text messages to a cell phone from your computer. All you need is the cell
phone number of the person you want to contact, and you can send a message as
easy as writing an e-mail. I tried it with my teenage daughter, who's always on
her cell phone, and it worked like a charm. In addition,she was able to send a
reply, which came to me as an e- mail. For those times when you need to send a
text message to a cell phone user, Teleflip is the way to go.

We welcome our subscribers to publish this whole issue or articles from it. But
please note that all material is copyrighted by FITA and must be copied with
the following attribution:
"This is copied from the newsletter Really Useful Sites for International Trade
Professionals <http://fita.m.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?uz327937Biz309410>, a free,
bi-weekly email publication of FITA - The Federation of International Trade
Associations. Please feel free to subscribe to this newsletter at
http://fita.org/useful <http://fita.m.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?uz327937Biz309410>."

If you'd like to see all back issues of Really Useful Sites for International
Trade Professionals, the full list is at http://www.fita.org/useful/archives
<http://fita.m.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?uz327937Biz309411>.

SEARCH BACK ISSUES OF REALLY USEFUL SITES FOR INTERNATIONAL TRADE PROFESSIONALS
Use the search box below to search terms in all issues of this newsletter since
February 2001

Please feel free to pass this newsletter on to others.

Enter your email address into this form to subscribe or manage your
subscription:

This newsletter conforms to the requirements of the 'CAN-SPAM Act of 2003' and
was sent to you by the Federation of International Trade Associations, 11800
Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite 210, Reston, VA 20191, USA.
If you do not wish to receive ongoing communications via e-mail from FITA,
please click here <mailto:address@hidden>.

Published by Federation of International Trade Associations
Copyright © 2004 Federation of International Trade Associations. All rights
reserved.

 <http://fita.m.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?uz327937Biz309404>

TELL A FRIEND --
http://fita.m.xtenit.com/friend.jsp?uid=327937&appid=240&j=14637

--------
Modify your preferences or unsubscribe here:

http://fita.m.xtenit.com/al.jsp?vk=fnk4tuVQ&address@hidden&an=240