guile-sources

Useful Sites # 79 about Saudi Arabia, Airline Food, Expat Life and News

From: FITA's Really Useful Sites
Subject: Useful Sites # 79 about Saudi Arabia, Airline Food, Expat Life and News on the Web
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 11:26:33 -0500 (EST)

To view this newsletter in full-color:
http://www.fita.org/useful/useful.html

Really Useful Sites for International Trade Professionals Issue 79 Volume 4
Number 5
March 3, 2004
Issue 79
VOLUME 4 Number 5

 IN THIS ISSUE
SAUDI ARABIA -- OUR FEATURED COUNTRY SITE
AIRLINEMEALS.NET
OVERSEAS EXPAT LIFE
ENEWSWIRES.COM

Hello, international traders! In this issue I focus on Saudi Arabia -- a
country with a large economy and many importing needs. I also have a site with
everything you need to know about airline meals -- including menus for all the
major airlines. In addition, I have a site with country profiles written by
expatriates who are intimately familiar with the countries they're living in --
so you get the real story. Finally, you'll never have to search for a news site
again, because I found a portal to every major news service on the Web.
If you'd like more information about international trade, go to FITA's
International Trade/ Import-Export Portal <http://fita.org> ( http://fita.org
), an excellent source for trade leads, news, events, and a link library of
7,000 sites related to international trade.

SAUDI ARABIA -- OUR FEATURED COUNTRY SITE
http://www.ameinfo.com/saudi_arabia

Seventy years ago Saudi Arabia was a desert kingdom with a tiny economy and
very little trade with the outside world. These days Saudi Arabia is the
world's largest oil exporter, and it's also one of the largest importers (US
$39 billion in 2001) of machinery and equipment, foodstuffs, chemicals, motor
vehicles, and textiles. If you'd like to find out more about opportunities for
trade with Saudi Arabia, a good site to check out is the Saudi Arabia page at
AME Info <http://www.ameinfo.com/saudi_arabia> (
http://www.ameinfo.com/saudi_arabia ). This site will keep you up to date with
company news, travel tips, health information, maps, business and government
contacts, a company directory, a currency converter, an events calendar,
weather information, and much more.
There are many more links to Saudi Arabia at the FITA site. Go to FITA's
International Trade Web Resources <http://fita.org/webindex/index.html> at
http://fita.org/webindex/index.html, click on Regional Resources then go to
Middle East/Africa and click on Saudi Arabia in the drop-down box. Or simply
type "Saudi Arabia" in the search box at http://www.fita.org
<http://fita.org/>. There are some great books on trade with Saudi Arabia in
the FITA Global Trade Bookstore <http://fita.org/marketplace/eurobooks.php>,
including Doing Business With Saudi Arabia
<http://www.fita.org/marketplace/product.php?asin=0749425547>,.and the Saudi
Arabia Business Intelligence Report
<http://www.fita.org/marketplace/product.php?asin=0739726455>.

AIRLINEMEALS.NET
http://www.airlinemeals.net

Airline food has been the butt of many jokes, and sometimes rightfully so.
Eating rubbery chicken and limp salad at 30,000 feet is no fun, but would you
believe there's a Web site that posts pictures of these meals? Airline
Meals.net <http://www.airlinemeals.net/> ( http://www.airlinemeals.net/ ) has
pictures of meals that people have sent in, and some of them are not bad (I
like the salmon with rice lunch that Lufthansa served in 1990, complete with
champagne). But that's not all you'll find at this site. There are also news
items about airline catering, a behind the scenes look at the making of an
airline meal, vintage airline ads, and a collection of hundreds of first-class
and business class menus you can browse.

THE EUROPEAN BUSINESS DIRECTORY
500,000 companies in 33 countries
http://www.europages.com <http://fita.m.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?uz327937Biz280519>
Who will see your ad today? 45,000 buyers in 180 countries? Who can beat that?
Available in 25 languages on the Net and delivered to 580,000 recipients in
Europe's top companies every year, with EUROPAGES will you will reach the
purchasing managers you are seeking for your products. EUROPAGES is the most
effective multimedia advertising solution for European markets. Buy Better,
sell more, now more than ever! WWW.EUROPAGES.COM
<http://fita.m.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?uz327937Biz280520>, the European business
directory. More Info <http://fita.m.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?uz327937Biz280521>

OVERSEAS EXPAT LIFE
http://www.talesmag.com

Imagine being the guest of honor at a banquet where they serve you boiled
sheep's head. Or being served pig's intestine at a barbecue where your hosts
wait for you to take the first bite. Or trying to eat a whole baby octopus. . .
well, you get the idea. These stories all come from a link at the Overseas
Expat Life page at Tales from a Small Planet <http://www.talesmag.com>
(http://www.talesmag.com). This site has stories about overseas life that any
international businessperson will appreciate. Some are hilarious, some are
grim, but all are useful, because you get the inside story from people who are
actually living in the cities and countries they write about. And it's not just
about food, either. Each country has a detailed report on things like
pollution, traffic, housing, security, nightlife, health care, language issues,
weather, and much more. In the right column there are links to more
information, including maps, news, country profiles, travel tips, and
dictionaries.

ENEWSWIRES.COM
http://www.enewswires.com

News junkies like me love the fact that there's 24 hour-a-day news coverage on
the Web. All I have to do to read the latest stories is go to e.Newswires.com
<http://www.enewswires.com/> ( http://www.enewswires.com ), and click on
whatever I'm interested in. This site organizes the news into categories
(Sports, Business, Entertainment, Political, Opinion, etc.), headlines ("Search
For Survivors After Tanker Explosion"), and news services (BBC, CBS, CNN,
Reuters, etc.). It's a fast and easy way to get your news on the Web.

We welcome our subscribers to publish this whole issue or articles from it. But
please note that all material is copyrighted by FITA and must be copied with
the following attribution:
"This is copied from the newsletter Really Useful Sites for International Trade
Professionals <http://fita.m.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?uz327937Biz280517>, a free,
bi-weekly email publication of FITA - The Federation of International Trade
Associations. Please feel free to subscribe to this newsletter at
http://fita.org/useful <http://fita.m.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?uz327937Biz280517>."

If you'd like to see all back issues of Really Useful Sites for International
Trade Professionals, the full list is at http://www.fita.org/useful/archives
<http://fita.m.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?uz327937Biz280518>.

SEARCH BACK ISSUES OF REALLY USEFUL SITES FOR INTERNATIONAL TRADE PROFESSIONALS
Use the search box below to search terms in all issues of this newsletter since
February 2001

Please feel free to pass this newsletter on to others.

Enter your email address into this form to subscribe or manage your
subscription:

This newsletter conforms to the requirements of the 'CAN-SPAM Act of 2003' and
was sent to you by the Federation of International Trade Associations, 11800
Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite 210, Reston, VA 20191, USA.
If you do not wish to receive ongoing communications via e-mail from FITA,
please click here <mailto:address@hidden>.

Published by Federation of International Trade Associations
Copyright © 2004 Federation of International Trade Associations. All rights
reserved.

 <http://fita.m.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?uz327937Biz280516>

TELL A FRIEND --
http://fita.m.xtenit.com/friend.jsp?uid=327937&appid=240&j=13888

--------
Modify your preferences or unsubscribe here:

http://fita.m.xtenit.com/al.jsp?vk=fnk4tuVQ&address@hidden&an=240