guile-gtk-general

Re: guile-gnome and GTK+ 3

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: guile-gnome and GTK+ 3
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 11:46:44 +0100

On Thu 24 Feb 2011 16:59, Diogo F. S. Ramos <address@hidden> writes:

> I've asked this at the guile-user mailing list and wingo point me to
> here.
>
> Is there a plan to port guile-gnome to GTK+ 3?

This is going to sound like sock-puppeting, but I also "maintain"
guile-gnome :), though not very actively right now.  So my response is
going to be the same:

    There are plans to use the gobject part of guile-gnome together with
    gobject introspection stuff; but it needs to be done carefully, and
    no one is working on it right now, that I know of.

That said, you might be able to get something working with Zeeshan's
guile-gir library.

Regards,

Andy
--