guile-gtk-general

Re: guile-gnome with threads

From: Maarten Grachten
Subject: Re: guile-gnome with threads
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 15:29:17 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004, Andreas Rottmann wrote:

> Maarten Grachten <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Hi people,
> >
> > I'm trying to get guile-gnome compiled with threads (I test by checking
> > whether make-thread is defined when I run the resulting guile-gnome-0).
> > I'm using the guile-gnome-platform-2.7.97.tar.gz tar ball.
> >
> Threads are provided by Guile, not by guile-gnome; guile-gnome-0 is
> just a wrapper script around guile.
>
> > I specified --with-threads to the configure script. But it doesn't help.
> > Are there any prerequisites to enable thread support? Is the g-wrap
> > involved as well?
> >
> Well, you need having threads enabled in your Guile.

Ok, I see. Thanks! The problem is that I have guile both a as a debian
package and a locally compiled guile. The latter doesn't have threads. Can
I make guile-gnome wrap around the /usr/bin/guile instead of the
/usr/local/bin/guile?

Maarten

> Regards, Rotty
> --
> Andreas Rottmann         | address@hidden      | address@hidden |
> address@hidden
> http://yi.org/rotty      | GnuPG Key: http://yi.org/rotty/gpg.asc
> Fingerprint              | DFB4 4EB4 78A4 5EEE 6219  F228 F92F CFC5 01FD 5B62
>
> The best way to accelerate a Windows machine is at 9.81 m/s^2

  Maarten Grachten
  Institut d'Investigacio en Intel.ligencia Artificial, IIIA
  Spanish Scientific Research Council, CSIC
  Campus UAB
  08193 Bellaterra, Catalunya, Spain
  Ph.: +34 93 5809570         Fax.: +34 93 5809661
  address@hidden

Why limit the freedom of software development? Say `no' to software patents!
http://swpat.ffii.org