guile-gtk-general

how to get value from combo

From: Maarten Grachten
Subject: how to get value from combo
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 12:49:57 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

I just started with guile-gnome and made a combo box like this:

(define combo (gtk-combo-box-entry-new-text))
(for-each (lambda (i) (append-text combo i)) '("a" "b" "c"))

but I don't know how to read out the current value. In the C/python docs
it seems you can access an 'entry' attribute of the combo, but the
get-entry method isn't defined for the combo. I struggled
with the model associated to the combo but the furthest I got was:

(connect combo 'changed
  (lambda (b)
    (get-value
      (get-model b)
      (get-iter-first (get-model b) 0))))

which gives me "a" in all cases. Obviously because of the get-iter-first.
I don't see how to do it. Can anybody please give me a little hint?

Thanks in advance.

Maarten