guile-gtk-general

what GNOME version for guile-gobject?

From: Silvio Neef
Subject: what GNOME version for guile-gobject?
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 16:16:29 -0400

Hi,

I want to do some prototyping for a GTK2 application in guile, and am
running into some version trouble (I think) building guile-gnome. So
I've got some newbie questions. (I'm also new to arch, so forgive me
if this is a bit lengthy).

  1) I grabbed guile-gobject-0.5.3 from
     http://people.debian.org/~rotty/arch/address@hidden/2004/

  2) aclocal complained about AM_GWRAP_something, so I thought maybe I
     need g-wrap, and got g-wrap--main from
     http://people.debian.org/~rlb/arch/g-wrap/
     Is that ok? There seem to be other g-wrap's around.

  3) Tweaked some Makefile.am's (sed out the '-Werror' flags),
     configure.in (config.h related)

  4) Now it complains about not finding ATK_TYPE_NO_OP_OBJECT_FACTORY.

Does guile-gobject only work above a certain version of GNOME 2? I am
(and need to be) on a stock RedHat 8.0 system (gnome 2.0 I believe).

Is there documentation about guile-gnome's requirements?

Thanks,
Silvio.