guile-gtk-general

Re: Why (read-set! keywords 'prefix)

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: Why (read-set! keywords 'prefix)
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 14:29:35 +0200

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003, Andreas Rottmann wrote:

> I wonder why you use said syntax; I'd prefer to use the R5RS symbols
> '#:token', also for specifying module options e.g.:

I find it to be much more elegant, personally. I use it in my own code,
but if that ever creeps over into any installed code in guile-gobject
that would be a bug -- I don't want to set that option for the user, as
it's global, and otherwise things fail. So if you see any code like like
that in the gnome directory, feel free to fix it.

Regards,

wingo.