guile-gtk-general

GtkTextBuffer/View, guile-gtk-demo, libvte

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: GtkTextBuffer/View, guile-gtk-demo, libvte
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 22:18:05 +0200

Hey folks,

I'm committing some changes now to add custom wrappers for GtkTextBuffer
and associated classes. There are also some bugfixes in the tree support
code, and a custom wrapper for GtkTreeSelection::get_selected. These
customizations round out what's needed for guile-gtk-demo.scm, which
works now (yippee!). Try it out, it's in
examples/gtk/guile-gtk-demo/guile-gtk-demo.scm.

I also added some wrappers for libvte, the Gnome 2 terminal widget. Just
playing around with it here I've gotten it to display text (using the
feed method), but I haven't yet worked out how to read from the
terminal. I reckon that involves translating keypresses to a soft port
or something, but I dunno yet. In any case a graphical repl should be
coming soon. It doesn't look like readline will be supported (because
readline isn't reentrant apparently), but it might be possible with a
separate process.

Just an update. Skydiving this weekend, rock!

wingo.