Re: FOSDEM 2019

From: Arne Babenhauserheide
Subject: Re: FOSDEM 2019
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2019 21:40:12 +0100

Amirouche Boubekki <address@hidden> writes:

> Talking about tools and build systems, what do you think of https://waf.io/?

I used to use it, and it is what brought me back to autotools.

It is a nice tool in itself, but once I strayed from the happy path, I
realized that autotools wins. Same for setuptools/pip, scons, and cmake.

That and make distcheck. Anything which does not give me an equivalent
of make distcheck isn’t good enough, because I need a way to have
self-contained checking of stuff I release. That’s also something I
learned over the years.

Best wishes,
Arne
--