Re: Proposal of a better hash table implementation based on SRFI 125

From: Amirouche Boubekki
Subject: Re: Proposal of a better hash table implementation based on SRFI 125
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2018 18:50:17 +0100

Le 2018-12-28 17:11, Jéssica Milaré a écrit :
Hello,

As I said in a previous e-mail, currently SRFI-69 is broken for weak
hash tables - and I've sent a patch to fix it. However, I think there
are many other problems with current implementation of hash tables.
There are guile standard hash tables, SRFI-69 hash tables (which is
implemented on top of standard hash tables) and also R6RS hash tables
(which is implemented on top or SRFI-69 and completely lacks support
for weak keys and/or values).

I think that should be fixed and guile should have only two kinds of
hash tables: the standard guile hash table and another extended hash
table type that will be used directly by R6RS, SRFI-125 and SRFI-69.
In my opinion, it should be based on SRFI-125, which is part of R7RS
Red Edition, but also supports some other procedures to make it
compatible with R6RS and SRFI-69, supporting weakness and immutable
hash tables.

I'm already implementing the SRFI-125 based hash tables library for
myself, so, if that is accepted, I can also make a patch for guile.

Yes please make a patch and attach it to the bug report.

Don't forget to send an announcement when you SRFI-125 implementation
is ready for testing. Is it already available anywhere?

TIA