multi-lingual guile: language strictness

From: Matt Wette
Subject: multi-lingual guile: language strictness
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2018 19:53:51 -0700

Hi All,

I posed a question on #guile IRC last weekend asking for use cases for making Guile multi-lingual.  The use case that came up was the desire to use Guile as an extension that supports multiple languages for users.  To that end, I wonder how important it is to make these extension languages meet published language conventions or standards. I believe to do so is too difficult: the Guile community does not have the volunteer workforce people to achieve this.  I think it would be more practical to look for reasonable approximations.  If this is the direction to go, then should Guile name these extension languages according to what they attempt to mimic (e.g., javascript), or rather rename to something that has a similar sounding name (e.g., guavascript), or,
as another option, rename with an extension monicker (e.g., javascriptx)?

Matt