Slow compilation of guile-2.1.x

From: Jan Synáček
Subject: Slow compilation of guile-2.1.x
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2016 08:31:23 +0100

Hello,

while building guile-2.1.4 for Fedora, I noticed that the compilation
got *really* slow. I didn't measure it precisely, but as can be seen
from [1] (about 20 minutes) and [2] (about 100 minutes with make check
disabled), the time difference between the builds is roughly 80
minutes... Release notes mention that the VM has been rewritten and
the source is now compiled into ELF, but is it supposed to be this
slow?

[1]
https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org//packages/guile/2.0.13/1.fc25/data/logs/x86_64/state.log
[2]