Re: Experimental JIT for Guile (???!)

From: Nala Ginrut
Subject: Re: Experimental JIT for Guile (???!)
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2016 12:11:15 +0800

Well, there's interesting story behind it.
Few days ago this new JIT backend named Nash was introduced in ICFP2016 (scheme
workshop), I and Ludo are lecturers too. When I first saw the topic, I looked
back to Ludo and thought "oh you guys are making a new weapon secretly huh?"
I thought this work must be encouraged and helped by Ludo or Wingo or Mark, but
finally I realized that I was wrong, the author Atsuro Hoshino was hacking JIT
backend for Guile all by himself. Ludo got surprised too.
I have to say, lone hero pattern is not recommended for a community project, but
anyway he did it bravely and the result seems good according to the paper.
After the meeting, I and Ludo tried to convince him to get involved into our
community to get more help and feedback.

I CC him here, and it depends on him whether/when to introduce more.

I think this project is just amazing, really! Thank you Hoshino! ;-)

Best regards.