Re: guile-lib - devel branch - patch 4 of 11

From: David Pirotte
Subject: Re: guile-lib - devel branch - patch 4 of 11
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2016 17:34:02 -0300

Hi Eli,

        nice to see progress on MinGW, congrat!

> > * configure.ac: Adding a copyright; bumping prereq -> 2.69

> Why is that a good idea?

Why not?
2.69 is the latest stable, available since April 2012

>  Are there any features Guile needs that older versions don't support?

It is not a just question of feature, but about running the same version [or
higher]
then the one used to check, distcheck... Why would we want to even try to
support any
previous version but the latest stable here?

I don't.

Autotool chain related issue/bugs can be very tedious to track down and solve,
and
requiring users to install the latest stable versions, guarantee they won't
have any
surprise on that side, and saves us precious time, we have other things to do.

IMO, it is the right thing to do.

Cheers,
David