Re: Request for feedback on SRFI-126

From: Arne Babenhauserheide
Subject: Re: Request for feedback on SRFI-126
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2015 22:05:29 +0200

Am Montag, 28. September 2015, 22:02:42 schrieb Panicz Maciej Godek:
> Even within the Scheme community there appear voices complaining on the
> Lisp syntax, like SRFI-105, SRFI-110 or SRFI-119.

I wrote SRFI-119, not because I want Scheme to become more like
Python, but because I want it to *look* more like Python while
retaining its strengths.

It isn’t necessary to sacrifice the strengths of Scheme to become as
easy for new programmers as Python. However it does require accepting
that a large part of the utility of any language lies in its
libraries: The best language for any job is the one which provides the
solution off-the-shelf. SRFIs could give Scheme such solutions, and
the flexibility of Scheme would allow making these solutions much more
elegant than what can be created with Python.

But someone has to actually do that: Creating libraries with
consistent style which provide to the application developer what
Scheme already provides to the language developer.

Best wishes,
Arne