guile-gnome - make distcheck fails

From: David Pirotte
Subject: guile-gnome - make distcheck fails
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2014 22:08:22 -0200

Hello,

        debian testing
        guile (GNU Guile) 2.0.11.10-fa1a3-dirty

I'm facing a problem with guile-gnome, make distcheck fails on debian, because
no
matter what, it wants to link to libcairo.la, which does not exists on debian...
Here is a [multiple] paste I did while trying to solve the problem on #guile
with
Ludovic [sunday the 14th, 2014]:

        http://paste.lisp.org/display/144692

Just to be sure I've been clear in the log, make and make check work fine, the
problem occurs at distcheck. Anyone has a brilliant idea? I'm toolchain [very]
weak
and libtool [totally] ignorant :)

Also, while exposing my ignorance and/or brilliant ideas :), 2 other quizz:

(1) make distcheck creates the distribution directory with the wrong
permissions, I
think (it forces me to chmod -R u+w ...; rm -rf ...):

         dr-xr-xr-x 18 david alto    4096 Dec 14 18:36
guile-gnome-platform-2.16.3/

        is this expected ? (if it is, why is that so?) my umask is 0002
        if not, where and how can I change that?

(2) make distclean does not clean the directory and the tarball, is that also
expected?

Thanks,
David