MinGW vs. setlocale

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: MinGW vs. setlocale
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2014 21:30:46 +0200

Hello!

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> skribis:

> (Disappointed by lack of responses, but not enough to refrain from
> reporting more problems.)

Heh.  :-/  Personally, I prefer short messages focused on a single issue:
that’s easier to act on, and less intimidating.

At any rate, thank you for persevering!

> 1. i18n.test completely fails, because it depends on the ability to
>    change the program's locale at run time.  I wish this whole test
>    were skipped on Windows.  (I'm quite sure I reported this last
>    year.)

What does ‘setlocale’ return when called more than once on Windows?  Is
there an exception thrown or something that would allow i18n.test to
determine that tests should be skipped?

Thanks,
Ludo’.