Re: Precedence for reader extensions

From: Mikael Djurfeldt
Subject: Re: Precedence for reader extensions
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 17:58:14 +0100

On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 5:42 PM, Mikael Djurfeldt <address@hidden> wrote:
> * The suggested change does compose

What I meant here is that it does compose with the built-in syntax.

Of course, the %read-hash-procedures API by itself doesn't
automatically compose if multiple user-defined modules use it to
introduce new syntax.  (If these modules take care to preserve
previously installed procedures, it can compose.)

The API you suggest would compose much easier, but to me it feels like
just another specialized solution.  What we would really need is
something like Ludovic's guile-reader.

But I won't be stubborn regarding this.  If someone else wants to
implement another way of supporting #!optional and #!rest that is fine
by me.  I regard my diff simply as a bug fix and cleanup (removing
unreachable code).